Wild + Well
With Dr Hilary Claire
Welcome to The Wild + Well Podcast! I’m your host, Dr. Hilary Claire, a clinical psychologist with a focus on nutrition and environmental medicine, yoga teacher, author and mom of two wild boys.
Here we delve into the big and little things that move the needle for children’s health and mental wellness in a modern world that doesn’t make it easy to do so.
Since our modern day lifestyles are drastically misaligned with our DNA and how we as humans are intended to live, we have to be intentional about creating a new way of living that supports our families to thrive, our little ones to stay a bit wild and us mamas to live our best lives.
Together we can nurture resilient kids, vibrant mothers, and a brighter future for the planet and the next generation.
In this podcast, we will cover topics including:
- Fostering optimal brain health, mental health and neurodevelopment for our little ones using food, lifestyle, psychology and environmental medicine;
- Natural approaches to support our family’s health and wellbeing;
- Parenting strategies for resilient, emotionally intelligent and confident kids;
- What modern day mothers need to be vital and flourish;
- Unschooling and options outside of conventional education;
- What patriarchal beliefs are keeping mothers small and stuck and how to let go of these;
- Intentional, slow and alternative lifestyles;
- Treating our kids like the sovereign beings that they are;
- Rewilding and bringing more nature into our daily lives;
- Creating connected communities;
- Treading gently on our beautiful planet as parents so future generations can enjoy the magnificence that the world has to offer;
- And many other topics that you might not find in the mainstream.
Let’s get into it.
Make better decisions for a more fulfilling life
Our decisions create our habits and our habits create our lives. They also shape our kids’ lives and how we show up for them. This is why making better decisions are so important.
Building true resilience in motherhood with health writer, Jessica Lee
In this episode, I am talking to Jessica Lee. We are talking about resilience, what this and how we can foster it in ourselves and in our children.
What’s Holding Modern Day Mothers Back
There are plenty of practical, physical and societal reasons why modern day moms are having such a challenging time. In this solo episode, I discuss several of these.
Dividing the invisible load of motherhood
In this episode, we talk about a transformative way of reducing the ever-growing invisible load of mothers.
Do this one thing to reduce sibling battles
Do your kids compete for your attention? Do they fight with each other often? Do you find it difficult to stop your kids from teasing one another? If so, have a listen!
Reset your family’s circadian rhythms for calmer kids with naturopath, Jessica Louise Kay
In this episode, I am talking to the lovely Jessica Louise Kay. We are chatting all things circadian rhythms, grounding and how we can connect more with nature.